Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Revive invocation tags
I need custom Revive invocation tags, could you quote how long would this take?

I want to specify the page target only once in the section of the page (eg sports, nightlife)
I want simple image ads to rotate without a page load
I don’t want to specify the zone sizes (I have my own reasons)
I want to run this with open x hosted
I don’t want a banner to repeat on the same page
I’m thinking that XML-RPC is the way to go although this isn’t part of open x hosted, I’ve emailed them to find out how much this access will cost. A div in the page that has the zone name as it’s id could be replaced in the DOM with new ad.
(03-25-2019, 12:52 PM)Roy Lee Wrote: I need custom Revive invocation tags, could you quote how long would this take?

I want to specify the page target only once in the section of the page (eg sports, nightlife)
I want simple image ads to rotate without a page load
I don’t want to specify the zone sizes (I have my own reasons)
I want to run this with open x hosted
I don’t want a banner to repeat on the same page
I’m thinking that XML-RPC is the way to go although this isn’t part of open x hosted, I’ve emailed them to find out how much this access will cost. A div in the page that has the zone name as it’s id could be replaced in the DOM with new ad.
We have analyzed your requirements. Let me explain each invocation code characteristics.Image type of invocation code will allow reloading but it will not allow to block image second times in page.Iframe type of invocation code will not allow target ads globally and it may display same banner again on same page. Xml-RPC invocation code will not allow reloading banner without refreshing page. Javascript type of invocation code will not allow reloading banner but it will allow to target banner from header and block banner to display again on same page but it will not allow reloading banner without refreshing page. Also, each modification requires to change in Revive files. So, we can not integrate to Revive hosted but we can do with your Revive installation. Do you want only 1 invocation code having all functionality or do you want individual invocation code with individual functionality? Please give your clear idea so we can give you best matched feasible solution for you.

https://www.reviveadservermod.com/custom...e-adserver)
Super Moderator
Revive AdserverMod  Idea
The current XML-RPC is php, this has to run as the page is being built so it cannot reload the ads without a page load. However, a javascript XML-RPC function could be made to call a new ad each time it was called, this ad could then be inserted into the DOM. This would be an additional custom javascript. Repeating banners would then be a problem but I can live with that. Can you do this?
(03-25-2019, 12:53 PM)Roy Lee Wrote: The current XML-RPC is php, this has to run as the page is being built so it cannot reload the ads without a page load. However, a javascript XML-RPC function could be made to call a new ad each time it was called, this ad could then be inserted into the DOM. This would be an additional custom javascript. Repeating banners would then be a problem but I can live with that. Can you do this?

Yes, we can do this and I think you already know what limitation is for this type of invocation code (as you described). We will make invocation code which will call other file which will have xml-rpc banner and it will replace div in every defined time. Implementation of this custom invocation code will take 2 days.
Super Moderator
Revive AdserverMod  Idea
Can we display my banner within one particular time?.  for example, my banner will be display only 7 AM to 10 AM. can we do this?
(03-25-2019, 12:54 PM)Roy Lee Wrote: Can we display my banner within one particular time?.  for example, my banner will be display only 7 AM to 10 AM. can we do this?

We can display one banner for particular time. You will display your banner for a particular time. The advertiser can choose the time limitation, to display his banners. The banner will be displayed to targeted user at particular time. Advertiser receives the instant and effective result.
Super Moderator
Revive AdserverMod  Idea
Its helpful for publisher and Advertiser?
(03-25-2019, 12:55 PM)Roy Lee Wrote: Its helpful for publisher and Advertiser?

This plugin is very beneficial to the advertiser as it covers only the targeted group of audience; which inturn help increase the revenue for both the advertiser and publisher.

(https://www.reviveadservermod.com/time-t...advertiser)
Super Moderator
Revive AdserverMod  Idea